Home away from home
Flinders is the only university in South Australia where you can live and learn on campus. There is simply no better way to be a part of the university experience than to live in the thriving, multi-cultural community of students on campus.
Join our community
Our campus provides a safe and welcoming environment where you will be able to make lasting friendships and take part in a whole range of social and educational activities.
Deirdre Jordan Village
The Village is located at the heart of the main campus, just five minutes walk away from Flinders ISC.
Each townhouse contains:
All students have their own bedroom that is equipped with:
- A common living/dining area
- A fully equipped kitchen
- Bathroom and toilet facilities
- Secure and lockable individual storage space
- Access to laundry facilities
Other benefits at Deirdre Jordan Village include:
- A single bed
- A generously sized desk
- A study chair
- A wardrobe
- Telephone and internet connection.
- Easy access to student services and facilities.
- Catering with a full meal plan (Monday to Friday) which includes breakfast, lunch and dinner. You can also cook your own meals.
- Senior and postgraduate students, who are employed as Residential Coordinators, are on hand to offer advice and support.
Widen your community
Live with a local family
You can also choose to live with a local family, where English is the primary language. This is called Homestay. Your Homestay host will provide a safe and secure environment where you will receive three meals a day and have your own bedroom. Homestay accommodation is compulsory for students under the age of 18.
There are a number of cost-effective accommodation options available if you want to experience living off-campus, from apartments through to shared accommodation with other students. Visit flinders.edu.au/living for more information.
Provider: Study Group Australia Pty Limited. CRICOS Provider Code: 01682E.