This program will replace the Diploma of Science.
The place to be for engineering students
Designed for those who want an Engineering career, the Diploma of Engineering is the perfect pathway for students who want to excel at Flinders University and beyond.
Diploma of Engineering
The Diploma of Engineering, provided by Flinders International Study Centre (ISC), is an advanced program of academic preparation and English language skills. Once successfully completed, you will gain 12 months of credit towards a wide range of Bachelor degrees in Engineering at Flinders University, allowing you to complete your degree within the same timeframe as you would with direct university entry.
Choose from the following undergraduate degrees:
- Bachelor of Engineering (Agriculture and Biosystems) (Honours)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Biomedical) (Honours)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Civil) (Honours)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Computer and Network Systems) (Honours)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Electrical) (Honours)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Electronics) (Honours)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Maritime) (Honours)*
- Bachelor of Engineering (Mechanical) (Honours)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Robotics) (Honours)
Length: 3 trimesters (14 weeks each) over 12 months, or 2 trimesters (14 weeks each) over 8 months^
- For 3 trimester program: 8 units plus English Communications 1
- For 2 trimester program: 8 units per program
12-month program for students with an IELTS of 5.5, with no band below 5.0
|English Communications 1
||Engineering Physics A
||Engineering Physics B
8-month program for students with an IELTS of 6.0 or above, with no band below 5.5
|Engineering Physics A
||Engineering Physics B
Mode of study
Full-time, face-to-face delivery.
Your progress and development will be assessed regularly throughout the course. Assessment is a combination of coursework, which includes class tests, essays, presentations and projects as well as final examinations.
Find out about the key dates for the Diploma of Engineering program.
*The final two years are undertaken at the Australian Maritime College, which is part of the University of Tasmania.
^The 8-month program is only available to students with an IELTS of 6.0 or above, no band below 5.5.
Diploma of Engineering CRICOS course code: 097409F.
Provider: Study Group Australia Pty Limited. CRICOS Provider Code: 01682E.
Provider: Flinders University. CRICOS Provider Code: 00114A.